Who We Are
Saving People's Lives is a non- profit organization that operates in West Chicago, IL but serves people all over the world. Saving People's Lives was birthed out of a passion to meet the needs of others. Originally Saving People's lives was a part of the Outreach Division of Singles Pleasing the Lord. It was a tremendously successful part of the ministry and in order to increase the impact a separate organization - Saving People's Lives was started that is totally devoted and focused on meeting the needs of others.
The Founders and Directors of Saving People's Lives are Julius and Debbie Adebayo. Julius and Debbie also direct Singles Pleasing the Lord - a faith based non-profit that serves the single adult community. Before being involved in ministry and service they both had successful careers in Corporate America as an engineer and Director of Nursing. Also on the Board of Directors is Magnolia Oliver, Lillian Perteete and Tia Broussard.
Our Fundraising Coordinator is Lillian Perteete. She works with our Fundraising Team and is responsible for coordinating our Annual Fundraising Event - The Saving People's Lives Serve-a-thon. This event raises a large percentage of the funds used to carry out our programming on an annual basis.
History and Mission. Singles Pleasing The Lord (SPL) was established in 2002 with a radio program on a local Christian station and has grown in the last 11 years to a national media broadcast reaching up to 29 million viewers. The organization has grown from one volunteer in 2002 to one full time employee, three part time employees and a volunteer staff of about forty men and women that carry out the mission of the organization.
The mission of SPL is to impact the lives of single adults at various life stages by preparing them for purposeful single living and strong marriages that build and produce healthy communities.
Services and Programs. SPL offers a variety of services and programs that impact the lives of single adults including workshops, seminars, conferences, outreach opportunities, leadership development and discovery of purpose activities. All of these have a strong biblical base designed to meet the basic and spiritual needs of the single adult community.
Organizational structure The Founder and Executive Director is Debra Adebayo. In addition to Debra the governing Board is composed of four other individuals that have a wealth of experience and education in organization management. The majority of the Board members hold MBAs or other Masters Degrees and several have held or currently hold managerial positions in organizations. One of the Board members is a single parent small business owner. The organization has one full time employee, three part time employees and a volunteer staff of about forty men and women that carry out the mission of the organization. SPL currently has four main divisions that include media (TV, radio, social, website, print), administration, education (conference, seminars, workshops and accountability groups and outreach (missions trips, serving the needy and underserved such as single parents and orphans).
Key Achievements and Goals
- Participating in educating thousands of single men and women across the United States in developing intimacy with Christ, developing and maintaining sexual and emotional purity, financial management, successful single parenting, discovery of purpose and marriage preparation through our media and education programs
- Educated approximately 350 single parents and provided over $15,000 financial support in the form of gift cards and toys to needy single parents that participated in the single parenting educational program.
- Annually provide spa services to single moms at Mother's Day to refresh and encourage them.
- Took a local radio program for single adults and turned it into a national television program reaching a possible audience of up to 18 million viewers. This program is the only one like it geared totally toward ministering to the single adult community, inspiring, educating and transforming their lives.
- Mobilized single adults to find purpose and fulfillment through reaching out and helping other underserved populations through hosting single parent workshops, dance-a-thons to raise funds to feed hungry children and providing educational supplies for needy inner city children.
- Conducted a medical missions clinic providing medical services to over 600 indigent men, women and children that had no other resources for health care in Nigeria.
- Visited two orphanages providing food and other basic necessities
- Conducted a sex trafficking awareness event educating the community on how this hideous crime is impacting the Chicagoland area
- Participated in a ministry event to sex trafficiking events providing gift bags and testimonies of Jesus healing love in conjunction with a local ministry that serves sex trafficking victims
- Raised funds through a Bowl-A-Thon and established The Elizabeth Ann Mukes Scholarship Fund
- Our Position
For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You. Psalms 139:16
"You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination" (Leviticus 18:22) . "...God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned against God's natural plan for them and indulged in sexual sin with each other. And the men, instead of having a normal sexual relationship with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved. So it was that when they gave God up and would not even acknowledge him, God gave them up to doing everything their evil minds could think of. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness and sin ...." (Romans 1:26-29). "Don't you know that those doing such things have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who live immoral lives, who are idol worshippers, adulterers or homosexuals will have no share in his Kingdom... "(I Cor. 6:9-10).
Saving People's Lives is currently staffed by an energetic group of compassionate giving volunteers that find their greatest fulfillment from meeting the needs of others. These volunteers are from all walks of life with one common goal wanting to help others in need and see their quality of life improved.